N.I.C.E.R.R. to KNOW

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Chicken Strip x BETSEY JOHNSON

I'd never forget the day I turned on my granny's street and noticed a big red tin chicken standing on a corner. It was like red tin chicken just appeared out of thin air. Later found out a chicken wing hut was being built behind red tin chicken and he...or she... was their mascot. And although that wing hut is long gone red tin chicken remains on that strip...standing there day in and day out. Just thought I'd give red tin chicken some online shine LOL! I showed up at my granny's house hunting food for a Sunday visit in the outfit below. As you can see I'm back in my SIDE OF STYLE uniform...I can't tear away from comfort these days!

Sidenote:

Who remembers a few years back when Betsey Johnson designed from her collections that are now considered her vintage collections? One collection was Johnson's Punk Label collection, from the 80s, and I for one couldn't wait for the line's release or re-release I should say. Although it looks as if I have on a pair of black lazy day pants, in the above photos, I actually have on a pair of pants that were apart of Punk Label's re-release. The zoot pants...high waist, tapered ankle, baggy and HALLELUJAH COMFORTABLE! If you ever come across these pants in a re-sale shop please snatch them up! Cotton goodness, no buttons/zippers, and perfect for those "I feel bloated..." days ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment