N.I.C.E.R.R. to KNOW

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

BUST A MOVE

NOVEMBER IS HIP HOP STYLE HISTORY MONTH! *Insert applause here*

 Although I’m not the hip hop head I used to be I can’t remember hip hop not being apart of my life. I remember being too young to indulge in certain styles that came with the hip hop era and watching my aunts and their friends get all fly girl FRESH before they stepped out. Those images, the styles, and the clothing will always have a special place in my world. So this week, or month I should say, I’ll share photos from hip hop’s stylish past and photos I styled last year that featured styles from yesteryear.

 I still try and bust their dance moves with my niece while watching In Living Color re-runs SMH, there’s a part of me that will never stop wanting to be a FLY GIRL on In Living Color!  

"One day you're gonna be at the top of the world, and I'ma be on your back FLY GIRL..."---Boogie Boys

 

No comments:

Post a Comment