N.I.C.E.R.R. to KNOW

Thursday, April 18, 2013

#ThrowBackThursday: GUCCI Spring 2006

It was September 28, 2005 and I was a member of the ELLE Fashion Forum. Females (ages of 16-45) from across the globe use to log on the forum daily to share fashion finds, gossip, and personal style. Well that particular date was apart of New York Fashion Week and the GUCCI Spring/Summer 2006 Runway Show was the focus. Once photos surfaced of the runway show I could not take my eyes off a red/white/blue rugby stripe polo style top that was apart of the mix. It was clean cut Americana with a touch of puff sleeve slim fitted girly goodness...AND I HAD TO HAVE IT ASAP!

But when Spring 2006 rolled around a just released GUCCI top was not in my budget. Oh how excited I was when an ELLE forum member informed that an exact copy was available on ASOS for a little less than $40.00! Not sure what made a shirt so simple the focus of my Spring 2006 style forecast but I was a happy camper when my ASOS shipment arrived. Ashlee Simpson and Cheri Dennis’s Wardrobe Stylist were feeling the same way during that time. Still love Cheri Dennis’s look with the Judi Rosen high-waist dark denim knee jean!





Now I’m wondering whatever happened to my ASOS top…LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment