N.I.C.E.R.R. to KNOW

Monday, October 8, 2012

Reminisce Over You

 Being that I was raised wearing thrift/resale boutique clothing (Mama kept me and my sister in a mixture of clothing from mall shops, department stores, resale boutiques, thrift stores, and garage sales…I’m thankful for it to this date) it lead me to being comfortable shopping and or searching ANYWHERE for clothing/accessories from day one. But at times I sit back and think about items that I’ve left in a thrift store or resale boutique, years ago, and I still have regrets. Items that will be so doable right now! I’d never forget being in BAUBLES AND BEADS, about 10 years ago, and I came across a CHANEL pencil skirt…dark denim with the CHANEL double “C” logo stitched on each pocket. I held on to that skirt the entire time I was in that resale boutique. While doing so I debated with myself in regards to it, counted my dollars, got butterflies in my tummy, and returned it to the rack.

 What made me reminisce? I was looking through the CHANEL photos from PARIS FASHION WEEK and their SPRING 2013 collection led me to long for the CHANEL skirt I left in that resale boutique years ago *cringes*. Some of the pieces look so fun and it looks as if that abandoned skirt would blend well with this collection. If I remember right it was all of $80.00 (Of course that practically free in the world of CHANEL). Now all I can do, at this point, is sigh and reminisce.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment