N.I.C.E.R.R. to KNOW

Friday, March 9, 2012

The Month of June

 I’ll never forget being a youngin’ watching MTV’s Making the Video showcasing rappers Mase/Puff Daddy, and while on set Mase introduced his stylist as “Big June”. He made a statement regarding June Ambrose being responsible for his suit that he was wearing in the video. That particular shiny suit gets Puffy all kinds of attention to this date. Throughout the years I’ve watched June Ambrose go from one level to the next…super stylist (for two of my favs Jay-Z and Mary J Blige), wife, motherhood…and I thought her book release was a big deal a few years back! Since being “in style”, I mean literally being “in the style/fashion field”, is the latest trend I should not have been surprised a few months ago when I read June will be getting a reality TV show. Nahhhhh, I should not have been surprised…but I was! Mrs. June has come a long way since placing a shiny suit on Puff /Mase and she has been fabulous during her entire journey! I salute Mrs. June for remaining positive, hilarious, and ALWAYS stylish…a prime example of what a role-model should be in any field. Look for her reality show “Styled by June” on VH1 this month.

“I'm where the hood and high fashion meet…”---lyrics by Jay-Z

 

No comments:

Post a Comment