N.I.C.E.R.R. to KNOW

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Twenty Something

Years ago while viewing old hairstyle photos I’ll never forget these words from my Cosmetology teacher: “Try not to look at these photos with your current eye…try to go back and look at it with an eye from that particular era.”
So when I saw photos of Rihanna the above quote was apart of my thoughts. I thought back to those 1920’s hairstyle photos, viewed RihRih’s ensemble, and thought “She’s doing the ENTIRE 1920’s style thing from bobby pin to pinkie toe!” And her choice of hairstyle has been seen during several runway shows in recent years. But some only thought of the hairstyle as a prep mold that’s done to hair before sleeping or sitting under a hairdryer and with that a thumbs down followed.

But me…I loved it! In spite of the naysayers (of this particular look) RihRih is THAT CHIC! A Wardrobe Stylist’s dream due to the fact that she’s willing to take chances and try new or old things.

This fashion/style thing is far more than daily Instagram photos…some will never understand or see pass that tho---so glad I’m not apart of that “some”!

As I’ve mentioned before I’m a vintage ad junkie…below is a lovely fashion ad from the “ROARING 20s” and another photo of a few stylish young ladies from that era.
(That ROARING 20s font messes with your eyes huh? Or maybe it’s me LOL)
 





No comments:

Post a Comment