N.I.C.E.R.R. to KNOW

Friday, September 7, 2012

FLASHBACK FRIDAY

I’m going waaaay back with this one...but it’s because of the boot below I found out New York Fashion Week existed (and I'm glad about it)…

*More after the boot*

 

In 2002 I was hunting Manola Blahnik OKLA boots (or Manola Timbs as the urbanites called them), after seeing J. Lo rock a pair in her video. During that search I stumbled upon the ELLE (Magazine) FORUMS. A fashion forum full of females, from all over the world, ranging in the ages of 16-40 discussing fashion day in and day out! I’d read the ELLE FORUMS from time to time and decided to create a profile start of 2003 to give my two STYLE cents. It was February 2003 when I made sense of New York Fashion Week...a lovely ELLE FORUM member (Shout out to Candace) posted photo after photo of fashion filled events and runway shows that were taking place in New York (and she did the same September of 2003). And with that I was excited to know I could look forward to witnessing that event (along with several other fashion weeks that take place various dates across the globe), online, each year! New York Fashion Week (Now Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week) is now the latest fix amongst fashion junkies and the September run officially started yesterday! I look forward to cool pics, write ups, and I can’t wait to see what the runway holds for spring 2013; wishing all in attendance tons of fierceness fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment